Friday 15 August 2014

home inspirations and wishful thinking.

Me and my partner have just been approved for a mortgage (yay!) and are currently in the fun process of looking for houses and thinking about interior design (the fun bit before all the paperwork!) and when I say ‘we’ it’s basically me coming home every day and talking about what I want and Jake going along with it.
I’ve been looking at a lot of websites and catalogues trying to get some inspiration ready for when we find a place and think I’ve kind of decided on what type of style I want to go for, I haven’t set anything in stone as I know that if I get too hung up on a specific design I won’t be happy unless I get it!


One thing we always have in our house for me to lust over is the next home catalogue, I can’t look through that book without finding something I love and the quality is so good that it’s worth splashing out a little bit for, I scroll through their website quite frequently too and it’s always good to look at the sale section www.next.co.uk/homeware . I also have a couple of other favourite websites that I use for home inspiration such as; www.notonthehighstreet.com , www.house-envy.co.uk , www.livelaughlove.co.uk and www.flamingogifts.co.uk .

I think that big furniture is the essential furniture for a house but it’s the little bits and pieces that make it a home and make it feel like it’s really yours. I would love to know if anyone else has any websites they can recommend for good quality homeware items and for now here is a little a collection of some of my favourite pieces that I have come across:


'home tweet home' pillow from notonthehighstreet - £8

goose doorstop from notonthehighstreet - £20

doormat from flamingogifts - £15.99

hanging wicker heart from next - £22


vintage shelf from house-envy - £69

deep heart bowl from notonthehighstreet - £39.99

glass jar with handle from notonthehighstreet - £4.75

legless corkscrew from notonthehighstreet - £12.95

heart kettle from next - £32



No comments:

Post a Comment