Saturday 23 August 2014

sensitive skin drama ft liz earle & simple.


 Ever since I can remember I have suffered with dry, sensitive skin, it's an absolute nightmare and anyone who suffers from any type of skin condition has my fullest sympathy. When I was younger I used to just think "there's nothing I can do about it" but as I got older and got more interested in health and beauty I started looking into products that could help. Fortunately my mum suffers from dry skin too so has always given me great advice as to what products to look for and where to find them.


One of the main brands that has been in my life for years is the gorgeous Liz Earle range, our house is never without her products! They are all made up of natural ingredients and so soft and gentle on skin, especially sensitive skin! There are a variety of products that cater to all different areas of skin care but the ones that I use the most frequently are the 'cleanse and polish hot cloth moisturiser' and the 'intensive nourishing treatment mask', occasionally I will use the 'soothing eye lotion' as well if needed, but it's normally just the first two. 
The 'cleanse and polish hot cloth moisturiser' is gorgeous and can also remove makeup and mascara! You only need to use about two pumps each time so it will last you ages, even if you use it everyday. You apply the moisturiser all over your face and neck and let it soak in for a couple of minutes then run hand hot water over the muslin cloth (which normally is included with any cleansing product) and wring out and then you simply wipe off the moisturiser, leaving your skin feeling cleansed, fresh and glowing! 
The 'intensive nourishing treatment mask' is more of a once a week product as it acts like a face mask. The routine is pretty much the same as the 'cleanse and polish', after cleansing you apply the mask over your face and neck and then get to sit back and relax for 10-15 minutes, then you wring out a hand hot muslin cloth and wipe away the mask, easy! 

The other brand I use to help with my sensitive skin is Simple. I have always used their 'kind to eyes eye makeup remover' which is a light, non-greasy liquid that you apply to a cotton wool pad and then wipe around your eye to remove eye makeup and even waterproof mascara. It's very light and leaves your eyes feeling refreshed after you've used it, compared to some makeup removers I've used that make your eyes feel heavy afterwards.

On my last trip to get this makeup remover I noticed a different product next to it, the 'kind to eyes nourishing eye makeup remover cream', and thought i'd give it a try. In my opinion it's a much softer product than the liquid, you use it in exactly the same way as the 'eye makeup remover' but instead of liquid it is a very soft moisturising cream. I have found that I am using less of the cream in comparison to the liquid as well because I only have to squirt a tiny amount on to the cotton wool pad and can then use my finger to spread it around. Although I do prefer the cream remover both products are very gentle and I have never had any issues using them on my (extremely) sensitive skin!
Another Simple product I use is their 'kind to skin cleansing facial wipes' like all Simple products it is very gentle on skin and contains no nasty ingredients! They normally come in a pack of 25 wipes and most stores have them on offer a lot so if you can nab a bargain two packs will easily last you over a month!

All Liz Earle products can be bought online at uk.lizearle.com/, in John Lewis stores and on their website and also from QVC. Simple products can be purchased in store and online from BootsSuperdrugTesco and from Amazon

Look out for my upcoming blog post about another amazing company that cater for sensitive skin... SBC!






1 comment:

  1. I love Liz Earle products. All naturally active ingredients which calm and also nourish the skin. They make your skin glow.

    ReplyDelete