Thursday 29 January 2015

making changes.


As I have mentioned many times I have not been that active on this blog lately (I am so sorry!), there has been a lot going on in my life and I have actually stuck to one of my New Year Resolutions, being happier! I have been evaluating lots of different aspects of my life and the past few weeks there have been some biiig changes going on....


I have been at my current job for two years where I am employed as a Senior Supervisor, I am so grateful for the opportunities that have been given to me and it is so nice to be in a managerial position after doing childcare for six years but over the past few months I had been questioning my career choice. I started looking into jobs doing office work, shop work, receptionist, pretty much everything and I decided I needed to sit down and really think about what I wanted to do. don't get me wrong, I adore working with children and it is such a rewarding job but it is very full-on and after going through quite a rough year I just felt as if the workload was becoming too much. As I sat writing up a blog post one night I realised what I am really passionate about... beauty and fashion! I love writing about things I have purchased or that feeling you get when you put together an really on-point outfit so I started to look into going back into retail, after six years!

I noticed a vacancy appear for Lipsy, one of my all time favourite shops, at the retail centre near me so I dropped in a CV and after a couple of weeks of pestering got myself an interview. I did a 'working' interview which involved being out on the shop floor and picking outfits for certain events and I instantly felt so comfortable and at home out of the shop floor with customers, I have been working in a bar for the last four years so I am used to customer service anyway, the job was offered to me there and then and I was over the moon, but I had the horrible realisation that I had to start telling my key children and there families I was going, it is so sad leaving behind a job in childcare as you leave behind all the relationships you have built up with the little people you look after but I am sure I was making the right decision.

The Lipsy department I work in is actually a part of Next which means there are so many more opportunities for me to advance there and I also get to do a bit of moving around into different departments every now and again. I am due to start there in a couple of weeks and, as well as the amazing discounts, I am excited about starting a new chapter in my life.

I know this isn't a fashion or beauty related post but I just thought I would give you a little bit of information about what's going on at the moment and why my posts are so all over the place, keep an eye out for lots of outfit posts coming soon too!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment